- 7 sizes from fractional to 10 HP capacity
- Torque ranges from 0.8 to 110 Nm (up to 14,000 Nm with integral speed reducer).
- Overload protection assured
- Infinite variability from 41% motor speed to zero RPM
- NEMA and IEC motor mounts
- Handwheel or motor control
- Speed, temperature, and torque monitoring optional
- Integrated gearboxes for high torque applications
- Remote control capability
- Optional axial load bearing boxes
Benefits Over Friction Drives:
- No possibility of slip through
- Wider speed range to zero RPM
- No downtime due to overload damage
- Longer life
- Explosion proof
Benefits Over Frequency Inverters:
- Maximum output torque available at zero to full speed
- Higher power density
- Less costly explosion proof solution
Control System Options:
- Variable Speed Adjustment - Standard hand wheel or gauged handwheel for precise repeatable adjustment. Electric remote control is also available.
- Plarotronic Electronic Speed Control - Provides automated speed monitoring and control. The programmable controller can vary or maintain speed and display parameters.
- Plarotorque Electronic Torque Meter - Monitors, calculates, and displays actual torque for process control. Provides precise information on efficiency, power demand, temperature, and torque utilization.
The functional principle of the Planetroll Variable Speed Gearbox:
Typical Applications and Industries:
- Pump Control
- Chemical Processing
- Powder Processing
- Material Handling
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Cosmetics Manufacturing